Employees in California head to their workplaces each day knowing that they will be taken care of if they are injured. At least, that is how it is supposed to work. Unfortunately, many workers in this state have their workers’ compensation claims denied. At JML Law, our denied claims lawyer is ready to get to work on your case. Let our knowledgeable and experienced team investigate what happened so we can secure the compensation you deserve.
Why would a Garden Grove workers’ compensation claim be denied?
We know that work-related injuries happen all the time in the US. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), nearly three million people sustained workplace injures of illnesses during the latest reporting year. Unfortunately, many work injury claims are denied by employers or by an insurance carrier.
Workers’ compensation claims are considered no-fault, meaning that it does not matter who caused the injury – workers’ compensation insurance pays for the medical expenses and lost income. However, there are some reasons that a workers’ comp claim could be denied. This includes:
- Deadlines not being met: Injuries and illnesses must be reported 30 days from the date they happen or 30 from the date the injury or illness was discovered. It is best to report all workplace injuries to a supervisor immediately.
- Negligent behavior caused the injury: Your claim could be denied by your employer if your injury happened because you were behaving in a negligent or reckless manner. This could include horseplaying, using equipment in ways not intended for use, etc.
- Alcohol and drug use: Most insurers require workers to undergo drugs tests after an injury. If an injury happened because a worker was impaired, the claim will likely be denied.
- Employer disputes the injury: Some employers dispute injury claims because they do not want their insurance premiums to go up. They could claim your injury did not happen the way you said it did.
- The injury did not happen at work: If your injury happened while you were on an unpaid break, commuting to work, or at a company after-hours events, the claim has a higher likelihood of being denied.
- You did not see a doctor: If you do not seek medical care after a work injury, you are giving your employer and insurance carrier a reason to deny your claim.
Will I be able to get compensation for my injury?
If you or someone you care about has been injured at work but had your workers’ compensation claim denied, seek legal assistance immediately. At JML Law, we are ready to get to work on ensuring you are treated fairly and that you get the compensation you deserve. This can include:
- Coverage of medical expenses related to the work injury
- Recovery of lost wages if you cannot work while injured
- Loss of future earnings
- Coverage of physical therapy
- Pain and suffering damages
- Loss of enjoyment of life damages
We know this can be a confusing time, so let our Garden Grove denied claims attorney get to work. You can contact us by clicking here or calling us at 818-610-8800 for a free consultation today.
Get your questions answered.
Contact Our Lawyers.
Every case is unique and needs to be evaluated by our experienced lawyers. If you have been injured in a work-related accident,
give us a call at 818-610-8800
or send us an email
to schedule a free initial consultation. There is no risk to meet with us. We get paid only if we win your claim.