You need not be an experienced driver, medical professional, or insurance expert to know that head-on collisions mean trouble. When two vehicles meet head-on, the risk of fatalities is high, and even if you survive, you are likely to need extensive and costly medical treatment and rehabilitation for quite some time. While these expenses are mounting, you may face an additional issue: the inability to work and earn an income. At JML Law, we firmly believe that you should never be left out of pocket due to somebody else’s negligence or deliberately dangerous behavior, and, as such, our lawyers will work tirelessly to recover the potentially significant compensation you are entitled to.
Common Causes Of Los Angeles Head-On Collision Accidents
Generally, head-on collisions, no matter where in the world they happen, can be attributed to driving at excessive speeds, reckless driving, or driving while under the influence of alcohol or drugs. Of course, it is more complex than this in reality, and our Los Angeles head-on collision accident attorneys have considerable experience in successfully handling similar lawsuits arising from:
- Driver fatigue can be due to long-haul truckers not taking sufficient rest breaks on long journeys, workers finishing a demanding shift and driving home tired, or everyday tiredness, making a motorist’s reflexes slower than usual.
- Distracted driving is most commonly caused by using a cell phone while behind the wheel. Still, drivers can also become distracted by others in the car, a GPS navigation system, or perhaps changing the track on the car stereo.
- Driving while under the influence of alcohol or drugs. Although we are all aware of the dangers of doing so, many motorists continue to drive while intoxicated, making this the single most common cause of head-on collision accidents.
- Drivers failing to yield at a faulty or damaged traffic signal should ensure the road is clear before continuing.
- Drivers swerve to avoid potholes, debris, or other obstacles in the road.
- Vehicles involved in another accident being propelled into the front of an oncoming car or truck.
It is essential to be aware that, due to the nature of head-on collisions, this type of car accident can be catastrophic even at a low speed, although driving at speed is named as a common contributing factor.
Speak To A Los Angeles Head-On Collision Accident Attorney About Your Injuries Today
While building our years of experience in successfully handling all of Los Angeles car accidents, our car accident lawyers have become familiar with the most common injuries that arise from each. In cases involving head-on collisions, victims of the accident tend to suffer from:
- Broken skull, cheekbones, jaw, and other facial bones.
- Whiplash and other neck injuries.
- Back and spinal injuries, including potential paralysis.
- Lacerations and contusions caused by glass, metal, and other debris.
- Traumatic brain injuries result from significant impact on the head. Head-on collisions and other car accidents involve the head colliding with the windshield.
To discuss your Los Angeles head-on collision accident and resulting injuries with an esteemed and highly skilled attorney, call JML Law today at 818-610-8800 for a free initial consultation.
Get your questions answered.
Contact Our Lawyers.
Every case is unique and needs to be evaluated by our experienced lawyers. If you have been injured in a work-related accident.
give us a call at 818-610-8800
or send us an email
to schedule a free initial consultation. There is no risk to meet with us. We get paid only if we win your claim.