More Americans are employed in healthcare than in any other industry or sector in the country. Many of the US’s healthcare workers (approximately 9%) reside in California.
These individuals provide immensely valuable services. Unfortunately, employers throughout California have often been found to take advantage of and even mistreat healthcare workers.
Are you employed in the healthcare industry in our state? Do you have reason to suspect an employer treated you in a manner that qualifies as a violation of the law?
You may be able to file a claim or lawsuit if so. Learn more about your legal options by reviewing your case with a legal professional. At JML Law, our Oakland healthcare law attorneys are prepared to offer the representation you deserve.
OAKLAND HEALTHCARE LAW CASES: COMMON EXAMPLES
The experts at our Oakland healthcare law firm handle many types of cases. The following are noteworthy examples of potential circumstances in which our expertise can play a critical role:
- Unpaid wages: Healthcare workers often have long shifts and may be required to frequently work overtime. Non-exempt employees must be paid 1.5 times their normal hourly rates when they work more than 40 hours a week. Unfortunately, sometimes employers do not properly compensate workers for overtime. Healthcare workers may also be unfairly denied bonuses, commissions, etc.
- Harassment: Sexual harassment and other such forms of mistreatment occur in virtually all industries. Healthcare is no exception.
- Retaliation: Federal and state laws ensure workers have the right (and, arguably, responsibility) to contact and/or cooperate with relevant law enforcement and regulatory agencies when their employers have committed certain types of violations, such as ignoring safety regulations. Healthcare workers can take legal action if employers retaliate against them when they “blow the whistle.”
- Retirement: Healthcare workers who have retired or are preparing for retirement should contact an Oakland healthcare law attorney if they have been required to fight for the benefits they are owed.
- Workers’ compensation: California’s workers’ compensation laws are among the most employee-friendly in the country. Ideally, they allow workers in all industries to secure compensation for their medical bills and other such losses when they are injured or otherwise harmed as a result of a work-related accident or exposure to a hazard in the workplace. However, employers and workers’ compensation insurance carriers sometimes attempt to avoid paying claimants what they may deserve.
That’s not a complete list of the types of cases our Oakland healthcare law professionals handle. Discuss your case with us in greater detail if you’re not certain whether you have grounds to file a claim or lawsuit.
CONTACT AN OAKLAND HEALTHCARE LAW ATTORNEY TODAY
At JML Law, our Oakland healthcare law attorneys deeply appreciate the vital role healthcare workers play in both our personal lives and society in general. Thus, we are passionate about ensuring justice is served when their employers fail to treat them properly.
If you work in healthcare and believe you have a valid case, we at JML Law are eager to offer the assistance you need. Learn more by contacting us online or calling us at 818-610-8800 to schedule a consultation.
Get your questions answered.
Contact Our Lawyers.
Every case is unique and needs to be evaluated by our experienced lawyers. If you have been injured in a work-related accident.
give us a call at 818-610-8800
or send us an email
to schedule a free initial consultation. There is no risk to meet with us. We get paid only if we win your claim.