California boasts one of the most worker-friendly labor codes in the nation. Unfortunately, some employers fail to obey the law. If your employer has broken a state or federal employment law, you may be able to file a claim or lawsuit accordingly.
Learn more by meeting with an Orange County employment law attorney at JML Law. We have the experience necessary to help you hold an employer accountable for wrongdoing.
Types of Orange County Employment Law Cases We Handle
Orange County employment law cases come in a wide range of forms. Specific types of cases we can provide assistance with include (but are not necessarily limited to) the following:
- Sexual harassment
- Wrongful termination
- Family and Medical Leave Act and California Family Rights Act violations
- Wage and hour disputes
- Unpaid commissions and wages
- Severance agreements
- Restrictive covenants
The best way to learn if an attorney is qualified to serve your needs is to schedule a free consultation. An expert at our Orange County employment law firm will review the specifics of your case and explain your legal options.
How an Orange County Employment Law Firm Can Help
The specific ways in which a California employment lawyer will assist in your case can vary depending on several factors. In general, though, an employment law attorney may provide assistance through:
- Advising on employee rights: An employment law attorney can advise employees on their rights under California state and federal laws. This includes laws related to discrimination, harassment, retaliation, wage and hour issues, and more.
- Filing complaints: An employment law attorney can assist employees in filing complaints with state and federal agencies, such as the Department of Fair Employment and Housing (DFEH) and the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC).
- Negotiating settlements: An employment law attorney can negotiate settlements on behalf of employees who have been wrongfully terminated, harassed, or discriminated against.
- Representation in court: An employment law attorney can represent employees in court if their case goes to trial. They can present evidence, cross-examine witnesses, and make legal arguments on the employee’s behalf.
- Handling appeals: If an employee’s case is not resolved in their favor, an employment law attorney can help them file an appeal and represent them in any subsequent hearings.
- Advising on contract issues: An employment law attorney can advise employees on issues related to their employment contracts, such as non-compete clauses, severability, and arbitration agreements.
- Advising on retaliation: An employment law attorney can advise employees on retaliation laws, which protect employees from retaliation for reporting discrimination or harassment, or for participating in an investigation.
Contact an Orange County Employment Law Attorney
At JML Law, we understand that even though California’s labor laws may be strong, there’s no shortage of unscrupulous employers who will ignore the law to their own benefit.
Workers deserve compensation when their employers break the law. For more information about what the team at our Orange County employment law firm can do for you, contact us online or call us at 818-610-8800 to schedule a free consultation.
Get your questions answered.
Contact Our Lawyers.
Every case is unique and needs to be evaluated by our experienced lawyers. If you have been injured in a work-related accident.
give us a call at 818-610-8800
or send us an email
to schedule a free initial consultation. There is no risk to meet with us. We get paid only if we win your claim.