You should always be confident that you have a safe workplace. However, workplace injuries do occur, and some of the most costly and painful injuries happen to the back and neck. At JML Law, we understand that these injuries can lead to long-term complications. When you need a San Bernardino back and neck injury lawyer, our qualified and experienced team is ready to get to work. Let us investigate what happened so we can secure the compensation you need.
The Bureau of Labor Statistics tells us that there were 2.8 million workplace injuries and illnesses in 2017, the latest reporting year. Many of those injuries occurred to the back and neck.
What are the various types of back injuries?
There are various types of injuries that can occur to the neck and back:
- Back Injuries –The inside of our backs includes a complex combination of bones, muscles, and tissues that impact just about every movement we make. When something goes wrong with any part of our back, the entire bodily system can malfunction. Back pain is caused by a variety of things that can have workplace causes, including:
- muscle or ligament strains
- bulging or ruptured discs
- Herniated Discs – A bunch of rubbery cushions that sit in between each vertebrae in your spine. They are there to bones from grinding against one another. They have been described as little jelly donuts that keep us comfortable, but workplace injuries can cause these little discs to rupture or herniate.
- Neck Injuries –There are various ways that our necks can become injured. Our necks are basically extensions of our backs and where our spinal cord merges with the head. As the start of our spinal column and spinal cord, any injury here is going to cause complications. Neck muscle, tendon, and tissue injuries can lead to mobility problems.
What are the consequences of back and neck injuries?
Back and neck injuries range in severity. Symptoms can include short-term discomfort and pain that limits our mobility. However, these injuries can also lead to permanent disabilities that keep us from earning an income or enjoying our lives the way we are accustomed to.
It is time to take control of the situation
Back and neck injuries can be devastating and completely alter the way a person lives their life. At JML Law, we are ready to help if you or a loved one are struggling to receive compensation after suffering from a workplace injury. Our knowledgeable and experienced team will investigate what happened so we can secure the following:
- Compensation for your current and future
- Lost wages and benefits if you cannot work
- General household expenses
- Possible physical therapy expenses
- Pain and suffering damages
- Possible punitive damages against a negligent party
If you need a San Bernardino back and neck injury attorney, you can contact us by clicking here or calling us at 818-610-8800 for a free consultation today.
Get your questions answered.
Contact Our Lawyers.
Every case is unique and needs to be evaluated by our experienced lawyers. If you have been injured in a work-related accident,
give us a call at 818-610-8800
or send us an email
to schedule a free initial consultation. There is no risk to meet with us. We get paid only if we win your claim.