When you are injured in the workplace, you should always be able to count on workers’ compensation insurance. No injured worker should be stressed about whether or not they will be able to pay for their medical expenses or household bills. At JML Law, we are here when you need a San Bernardino denied claim attorney. Our knowledgeable and experienced team will get to the bottom of your case and be your advocate. We will not stop until you get the coverage you deserve.
Why would a San Bernardino workers’ comp claim be denied?
If your injury occurred at work and was caused during the course of your duties, you should be covered by workers’ compensation. There are various reasons that a claim may be denied. Some of those include:
- Missed deadline – deadlines are important in these cases, and you should always report an injury as soon as it happens or as soon as you discover it. You have 30 days to report an injury or illness (from the date of occurrence or date you discovered it).
- The injury did not happen at work – if the injury occurs when a worker is commuting to and from work or on break, the claims can become complicated.
- Negligent behavior – you may be denied coverage if your injury occurred because you were acting negligently or recklessly. This can include horseplaying or using equipment in a way it is not intended to be used.
- You never saw a doctor – you must seek medical attention for all workplace injuries or illnesses. Failing to have your injury treated is a reason for denial of coverage by workers’ comp.
- Drugs and alcohol – if a person is injured at work due to them being impaired by alcohol or drugs, the claim will likely be denied. In most cases, injured workers are required to undergo drug testing.
- Your claim is disputed – your employer could dispute your injury claim and say that the injury did not occur at all or that it did not happen the way you said it did.
Do I have the right to appeal a workers’ comp claim denial?
Yes, you do have the right to appeal a denial. However, the process is complicated and involves plenty of paperwork. All appeals are handled through the California Workers’ Compensation Appeals Board (WCAB).
What kind of compensation should I receive?
If you or someone you care about has been injured at work and have been denied coverage by workers’ compensation, please seek legal assistance immediately. At JML Law, we will not let you be treated unfairly. Our knowledgeable and experienced team will get to work on your case today so we can secure the compensation you deserve. This can include:
- Your medical expenses related to the incident
- Lost wages and benefits if you cannot work
- Pain and suffering damages
- Loss of personal enjoyment damages
- Possible punitive damages against those responsible
When you need a San Bernardino denied claim lawyer, you can contact us by clicking here or calling us at 818-610-8800 for a free consultation today.
Get your questions answered.
Contact Our Lawyers.
Every case is unique and needs to be evaluated by our experienced lawyers. If you have been injured in a work-related accident,
give us a call at 818-610-8800
or send us an email
to schedule a free initial consultation. There is no risk to meet with us. We get paid only if we win your claim.