Long Beach is one of the fastest-growing cities in Southern California. But with a population boom brings streets flooded with motorists in a hurry to get to their destinations. Inevitably, car accidents are going to happen. Many are caused by the negligence of others. What you do after a car accident in Long Beach can often make the difference between getting the settlement you deserve or getting shortchanged. The Long Beach car accident attorneys at JML utilize an aggressive and comprehensive approach to helping protect the rights of accident victims and help recover the maximum compensation to account for their medical care, damages, and lost wages.
How to Get the Best Possible Settlement
Car accidents can leave devastating consequences. Not only must accident victims deal with physical and emotional scars, they must also take on a huge financial burden. Getting the maximum settlement is vital to helping victims move on and live a good quality of life. If you are involved in a car accident in Long Beach, here are some important steps to follow.
- Call the police: Every accident needs to be documented by law enforcement. It is not only the law, it is also vital to help prove your case.
- Take plenty of pictures and video: In today’s Digital Age, nearly everybody in Long Beach has a smartphone. There isn’t a more powerful tool to prove your case than visual evidence.
- Exchange insurance and contact information: Getting the insurance information of the other driver is crucial to your car accident case. Also, try to get contact information from any witnesses.
- Do not admit fault: It is one of the biggest mistakes made by those involved in car accidents. Allow law enforcement officers to do their job to piece together how the accident occurred. What you say to police officers or witnesses can later be used against you later in a police report or even in the courtroom.
- Do not engage in conversation with the other motorist: Other than exchanging insurance and contact information, there is no need to speak to the other motorist after a car accident.
- Seek immediate medical attention: It is important to get your injuries immediately documented by a doctor. Even if your injuries are not visible or appear serious, many car accident injuries may manifest later. Make sure you receive the proper medical care.
- Contact a Long Beach Car Accident Attorney: If you have suffered injuries and damages from a car accident due to the negligence of others, it is vital to contact an attorney to help recover the maximum compensation.
Contact the Long Beach Car Accident Attorneys at JML Law For a Free Consultation
After a car accident, not everyone has the presence of mind to make good decisions. Whether you have been in a fender bender or have experienced catastrophic injuries, it can be an extremely stressful situation. It is vital to have an experienced and knowledgeable legal professional in your corner to help navigate through the legal process and recover the compensation you deserve. To learn more, contact the Long Beach personal injury attorneys at JML Law and schedule a free consultation to discuss your case.
Get your questions answered.
Contact Our Lawyers.
Every case is unique and needs to be evaluated by our experienced lawyers. If you have been injured in a work-related accident.
give us a call at 818-610-8800
or send us an email
to schedule a free initial consultation. There is no risk to meet with us. We get paid only if we win your claim.