Help With Filing Your Claim

At JML Law, A Professional Law Corporation, our attorney is here to guide you through the process of filing a workers’ compensation claim. We have more than 40 years of experience helping individuals in Woodland Hills and throughout Los Angeles and Orange counties file claims after being injured at work.

When To File Your Claim

After a workplace accident, you will need to report your injury to your employer as soon as possible. Your employer has one working day after you reported your injury to provide a DWC-1 claim form for you to apply for benefits. Your employer will give the form to its workers’ compensation insurance company upon completion.

In addition to this form, you will need to file several other forms as part of your application for benefits, including:

  1. Application for adjudication of claim
  2. Declaration pursuant to labor code 4906(g)
  3. Document cover sheets

Reasons For Denied Claims

After you file a workers’ compensation claim, it is common for the insurance company to hire a private investigator. It is important that you follow your doctor’s orders and do not violate any restrictions on physical activity. If you do violate these restrictions, your workers’ compensation claim could be denied.

Other reasons your claim may be denied include:

  1. You provide insufficient evidence of your injury.
  2. You suffered a nonwork-related injury.
  3. Medical treatment is not necessary.
  4. You are still able to work.

Our lawyers will help you evaluate all options to see if your claim can be appealed or what other options are available.

Let Us Help You With Your Claim

Workers’ compensation benefits can significantly help you make ends meet after being injured. We will make sure your claim is being filed according to guidelines and that every step is followed along the way to prevent mistakes, including missed deadlines. Call our firm at 818-610-8800 or send us an email to schedule a free consultation. We get paid only if we win your claim.

Get your questions answered.

Contact Our Lawyers.

Every case is unique and needs to be evaluated by our experienced lawyers. If you have been injured in a work-related accident,

give us a call at 818-610-8800 or send us an email to schedule a free initial consultation. There is no risk to meet with us. We get paid only if we win your claim.